This proposal will have the following 2-year major practical tasks:
- Develop the archive of the 30-year satellite and in situ data records;
- Evaluate current trend in climate, land surface and agricultural records;
- Modeling drought and low winter temperature affecting winterkill by combining satellite proxy and climate data;
- Assess drought-related agricultural production losses;
- Future trends in regional vegetation green-up, seasonal precipitation and temperature;
- Future environmental trends contribution to food security in Ukraine.
These activities will organized
These general tasks will be organized in four work packages (WP) which are partitioned into the sub-tasks (Fig. 1).